We are thrilled to welcome Jennifer to our blog today! She has a passion for loving on her family and bettering our community. Thank you, Jennifer, for sharing with us today!
Tell us about yourself:
- Occupation: Investor/Commercial Real Estate Agent with John Rea Realty
- Hometown: Columbia, LA
- Current city: Historic Downtown Monroe
- Family/Kids: Husband: Jason Thomas; Children (My little but taller than me people): Philip: 24, Kayli:22, Savanna: 19, Tristin 16.
- Pets: Not anymore. Last two fur babies left with Kayli when she moved to her own space for college. But!.. My all-time wish: when I am old and gray… front porch, cool breezes, rocking chair, hanging out with a cold glass of iced tea visiting Norman, my pot-bellied pig.
- Education/Volunteer/Creative Hobbies: Louisiana Tech University graduate in College of Human Ecology/Nutrition. Organizational freak. Love solving puzzles/putting things together.
- A favorite book: The Love Dare by Alex Kendrick & Stephen Kendrick. A 40-day challenge for husbands and wives to understand and practice unconditional love. A real eye-opener! Worth the work
What led you to become a real estate agent?
My husband, Jason. I have managed healthcare facilities/agencies many years. But at the age of 49, in a 4 year relationship with a man that doesn’t take “no” for an answer; Jason had a vision that soon grew in me. Not only unite as man and wife but become a well-oiled, productive commercial team at John Rea Realty while acquiring properties and join in effort to revitalize Downtown Monroe. How could I say no to that?! Lol. So, with a big step of faith we jumped in feet first and haven’t looked back since!
What do you wish more people knew about the downtown area?
- What’s already there! Get to know your city – we have so much to offer – enjoy!
- The hard work and dedication that’s taking place to bring even more opportunities and variety to our community. Really good people doing great things to bring new life to our historic district.
- Keep your eyes and ears open – you aren’t going to want to miss what’s coming in the next 2-4 years! Luxury condominium spaces, very cool restaurant concepts, retail opportunities for all walks of life.
What inspires you?
The Love of God. The elderly and their experiences lived to learn and challenge our futures.
My family – the love we share.
What is the best advice anyone has ever given you?
My grandfathers. Dr. Wren Causey – Find humor in your day. Take care of your people – they will take care of you. Olan Rucker – never speak poorly of anyone. Do your best.
What are you learning in this season of life?
That it’s ok to lean. I don’t have to have all of the answers. God really does know what He is doing.
What’s your favorite beauty product?
My MAC lipstick! Very creamy! Love the feel! Can use for lips, eyes, cheeks – talk about easy to blend!
What is your go-to snack?
Pistachios with salt/pepper! YUM.
What cause or community initiative do you support?
Life Choices Pregnancy Resource Center. Project 41. 911 Hope. Helping however we can to give back to those in need in our own communities. The blessings received are so much more than the help given.
What brings you joy?
Spending time with my kids. Talking and belly laughing HARD with my Mom and sister Christine. Watching my sister’s kids grow; listening to all of their silly stories. Getting sweet forehead kisses from my Jason during a busy day.
Thank you, Jennifer, for sharing your thoughts and tips with the Life Choices Community! We are inspired to go discover more of our community! Keep on #lovinglife!